Wednesday, November 12, 2014

The Path to Perdition

MANIK is a young, American poet whose generation will inherit our mistakes. Our approval through silence has allowed politicians to become puppets for their corporate handlers. Corporatism is on the horizon and it is far worse than any governmental or societal governing system ever demonstrated. MANIK highlights many of these problems in this, and other poems. He offers solutions, but for now these remain anathema to most Americans.

You see socialism as the degenerate bastard son of the devil himself
but wonder why the distribution doesn’t drop below the top shelf
Social inequities in extreme ranges all across the nation
luckily, you only face a generation dumbed down by television

You created a vacuum of political education
for us to heed and follow your elitist indoctrination
Mainstream media spread your lie
a generation, a country without asking why

The land which is ours doesn’t produce our needs
it is with poison that it feeds
Manipulated foods to control the population
this is no longer a problem of only our nation!

Fascism is spreading at a disturbing pace
if we can’t remember the past, we have forgotten our face
Marx predicted that history is repetition
and all we do is sign the next petition!

All across the globe we should take it to the streets
trample on the elitist heart until it no longer beats
For generations to come, we must find the ways
for we are looking at very dark days

Lennon’s words have lost their meaning
instead of imagining, we are dreaming
Of a time that once was and never again will be
this has been their ultimate plan, you see?

The systems which control us will always come and go
neo-liberalism is the peak of perversion and manipulative mojo
This is a fact that is for all to know
under these circumstances our society will cease to grow

We’ll be stuck in a process that isn’t completed
the future sees us defeated and resources depleted
A world where the few have the say
but for their atrocities we have to pay

Imagine a world where the wealth is equally spread
where everyone shares the same bed
Where our intellectuals will grow
and discover things we have yet to know

A world where we have fought
to live freely and expand our thoughts
Our society will continue its destined process
and everyone is granted the same access

We are stronger, we want change, we will fight!      
Fascism and the elite, we say good night!
America, no matter your beauty
Your leaders have betrayed us

Manik - Mannheim, Germany - 2014


  1. Lex, nice poetry, and certainly the message is clear, however, I think the problems with society in general can't be dumped on corporations. Oh, they need to take their share of the blame, no doubt, but it goes much deeper than that.

  2. Thanks for your comment, Chameleon. Perhaps, I misled readers with my introduction to readers by talking more about corporatism than the poem does. In fact, the poem's target is not strictly corporatism, but the 1% elitist society at large. The group, that when you look at an overall, average income scale, you see a horizontal line that averages the income of 99% of the population, and a very sharp vertical line that indicates an income hundreds of thousands of times larger for the remaining 1%.